I pulled this picture from Ryus' Facebook page. His companion gave a nice
thought about "sleeping through the restoration" and used this picture.
I've seen him like this many times, hmmmm.
This week has been good, we finally got Elaine to come to church, she enjoyed it although she thought it was a little long, that was really good and I am excited about that. Elder Allred has been teaching her for six months, and she's been meeting with missionaries for probably six years, but we are finally seeing progression, I'm always excited to see her, she's my favorite. She's kinda fun to tease, when we went to her house last, I told her that there is something wrong with her house, she said "what's that?" and then I told her that it didn't smell like freshly baked bread for me to eat.. She's really sweet though, she has cut my hair twice and mended one of my shirts.. so she's really done a lot for us. I'm excited to see her progression and I hope to see a lot more while I'm here. other than that, we help with the young men activities, so we got to go this week to a research station and play laser tag with the young men and their leaders. that was probably the most "fun" thing that I did this week.
So just some things I thought of that I would like from home, I understand that it's expensive to ship them and I can definitely do without.
One, My retainer. on my trip from North Carolina back to home the bottom retainer was broken, so somewhere in the expanse of my closet, I have a bottom one that is clear and was the first retainer that I had, the top metal retainer is still good though so you can send that with the bottom plastic one.
Two, that buzzy electric toothbrush, I was thinking about how I really didn't use that very much and feeling guilty because its a good one, make sure you send the charger and all if you decide to send it, and if you do make sure you don't value it as over fifty dollars, because I think there is a 30% tax at the border if it's over fifty
Three, my Carhart beanie. I sure miss that thing!
Lastly, if you decide not to send it, there are some members that might go down to the states sometime in the next while that always take things from missionaries to their parents and back, so there is that possibility.
and I want the recipe for crepes, gyros, pizza, I think I had some simple recipes book with like five ingredient recipes, so just type up any of those you think look yummy. also rice pudding, and
Oh! just got some questions to answer!
Are you all prepared now for winter?
The coat I have isn't that great (it doesn't zip up) so we will go to sally anne's today. otherwise pretty much, I might buy some Kaki (that spelling isn't right) pants because I hear they are better for winter
Best moment?
Probably Elaine coming to church, I loved that.
So I didn't recognize the tie you were wearing at your training meeting, you must have traded that with someone. Is it silver? Who gave it to you?
yeah I traded for it, from Elder Sorenson, the Blonde missionary in my district.
Are transfers next week? this week?
We'll get transfer calls on friday, and we'll see which one of us leaves.
Is Elaine reading on her own or just when you guys visit her?
She does pretty good on her own, but we do remind her often.
How come you are online so early today?
We had a recall on a car part from our car, so we dropped it off and went to the church.
Have you had your ice cream yet?
Not yet, I should have got it today, but the other missionaries in our district aren't coming to town today.
Do people move in/out of your community much?
A lot of people are moving out, I haven't seen a lot moving in :( a lot of our branch is going to move out in the next couple years.
Are there any universities nearby?
I guess grandma emailed me and said there is a tech school somewhere nearby, but I have no Idea where it would be...
Anyway, I love you tons and tons and I'm proud of what you've done. I hope you're having a great day and don't miss me too much!
Love Ryus

No comments:
Post a Comment