This week has been good, not a lot went on, drove to moosejaw, spent a few days there, I really enjoyed General Conference, my favorite talk was probably that jorge guy. Elder Bednar was good, and I really enjoyed that talk. It seemed this conference was focused on leaving behind excuses and being the best kind of person you can be. This transfer I feel like I need to work a little on how I respond to direction, I've been trying to be better about making small course corrections, it's been going alright, you just have to pay more attention to your thoughts and desires rather than your actions and words, then you catch and correct before you even have to worry about anything.
Hows the new companion?
He's really great, His name is Elder Hawkins and he is a good guy.
Best thing about him?
He's really Laid back, but still a hard worker, We've just been watching conference so.. that's fun
Where's he from?
South Jordan Utah, same town as Elder Allred, but they don't know each other.
What kind of car do you have? Is it 4 wheel drive?
A Chevy Malibu.. not four wheel, and it's kind of a massive car..
Do different areas have different types of cars?
Yeah, but not for any rhyme or reason that I can tell, some people have Subarus, and they're pretty nice. A couple Elder's have trucks, and there are a few Equinoxs
Did Elaine go to conference?
We watched the sunday afternoon session at her house, so she got to hear Elder Bednar's talk, I think she enjoyed it, I don't remember if I told you, but she also watched the Woman's broadcast and thought that was good, although she thought the women were a little whiney, she liked President Ucktdorf.
Best Moment?
The best moment was watching conference with Elaine, she made us a ton of bread! it was pretty good and we have tons left. Afterward we spent some time with her and discussed it I spent some time in Moosejaw this last week and that was fun, I was with an Elder Hornberger. He's a really nice guy from tremonton Utah, He's about as tall as I am, but he's an Ox. He wrestled throughout Highschool and really strong. I tried to surprise him and take him down, but he just manhandled me like I was a child. I got him back though, he's a little bit awkward, and I teased him that he had a crush on a sister missionary in his district.. he doesn't (that I know of) but he still went a little red and got defensive.
With your new comp, are people still excited to feed you?
So far, we've been fed once, it's been good, mostly we've just been watching conference... so much conference, I don't know if I've ever sat down and watched all ten hours of conference...
Have you gotten a new coat yet?
I did, I got a down vest from a thrift store for two dollars.. but it's a womens vest, but you can't really tell, it just says "firefly" pretty small under the back collar, but it's warm (duh it's down). also I bought a nice looking brown leather coat from Salvation Army, it is great in the wind and has a wool Liner. I'm still looking for coats because the leather one is pretty nice and I might just want a regular coat, but I'm pretty set at this point, I won't be cold..
Getting cold yet?
it hasn't decided weather it's going to be winter or not.. (get it? weather?) it was around zero degrees last weekend (Celsius) ps. metric system is stupid.
Any news about Ipads now that its oct?
no news yet, we'll find out.
When you drive do you do the 'get out and watch while I back out' thing?
Yeah we do that, it's kinda dumb, but I don't really mind.
Snow?
it tried to snow a few weeks ago, but it was so insignificant that I didn't mention it.
Other than that, everything has been really really good, no complaints at all. I hope you're having a great one!
so much Love,
Ryus
No comments:
Post a Comment