Here they are in Swift singing in Gull Lake, this was in a previous post.
They signed and sang at zone conference where they got all their Christmas pkgs and letters.
I think in Saskatoon
Skypeing with our elder, thank you Kate for taking pictures. I wasn't thinking much...
Not sure how to turn these, sorry
Here he is at his Christmas dinner before leaving Swift, maybe Regina or Saskatoon.
This was in Kenora (new area) opening gifts w/elder Allred (1st comp)
So here we have Ryus and his companion Elder Scott (white shirt) and Elder Allred and his companion peeling potatoes (not sure who's on the far right)
Here is Ryus and Elder Allred and the Book of Mormon challenge for the last post
eating their 7 burgers (urp) and the next couple of pics.
Just a funny little birdie with a shirt that says, 'my body is sacred'
And here they are posing on Santa's lap (poor santa)Our bishop asked Ryus "to describe how he has seen the Lord hastening his work and correlate that with D&C 4:2 (the new youth theme for 2015)." And after reading the letter I congratulated him on his assignment.
Thanks! To be completely honest, I'm not sure that I wrote that letter. It was definitely inspired. About Bishop Warner, my rule as a missionary, is that if you take time to write me, I will take time to write you personally back. I don't like the emailing lists and the reports. There are a few missionary that send them to me, and I hardly read them. I did put thought into it across the week, but naturally I didn't get it sent until Saturday night.
This week was good, been a little slow because we still have four elders in the area. We're going to have to tract or something so that we can get new investigators. Not many people out and about when it's so cold. I want it to just dump snow so that we have a bunch of service to do.
Since there are so many deer up there, are they pretty comfortable around people? Could you feed them with your hands?
I could feed them with my hands, the problem is, whenever I see them I never have food with me. :(
Best Moment?
This week, yesterday actually, we got to go visit a member in Jail. Whoo hoo! it was fun though. She is supposed to get out on the twenty third, and she seems to want to turn her life around. So when she gets out I definitely want to work with her. apparently the charges against her have been dropped.
Heard from Elaine? Is your only contact with her on facebook?
Yes, but I hear from her frequently. She doesn't like the Elders that are there right now. Kinda sad. It seems like every time I talk to her she just rags on the missionaries that are there right now.
Have you worked at the cat shelter this week? Maybe you'll learn to like cats better?
We got kicked out because I teased the cats too much. I'm kind of sensitive about it.
I found our later this is not true, he was teasing me.
How do you choose your service opportunities or are they chosen for you, or its just what they've always done?
We've been trying to find new ones every week, A lot of them require a background check to do service, so we're held up on that trying to get one from the police station. LAME
Are you getting used to the area?
Yes. The area is good, I like the members, the lake is pretty, I guess there will be Ice roads opening up so we can drive across the lake. That will be fun.
Are the people getting used to you?
Yes I think so, I can only think of maybe one person that doesn't really like me. I think that our personalities clash a little. So I'll have to see what I can do about that.
Do any people from our ward write you?
No I don't think so.
I think the people I consistently get letters from are
Mom
Dad
Kate
Kent
Liah
Nelly (a girl I met in the MTC)
Brittney
Sometimes Amelia
Sometimes Tiffany
and I think that's it.
Has being out there changed how think about the future? like your future career, school, ? I know this is a heavy question
Not really, I want to work harder at school. I still like the career choices that I've made so far. I want to make sure I get a good wife when I get home. (patient, charitable, not a big nose, great at making sandwiches)
Well, they didn't have us missionary moms report at the beginning of the year, so youre off the hook for providing stuff. Dad has to speak this coming sunday, though, haha.
Haha, well thanks Mom, you do a great job as well.
Love Ryus











No comments:
Post a Comment