Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 370

Hello! It sounds like you had quite the time at Girls camp, I haven't yet had an experience that touched me enough to make me cry a lot, but I have teared up a little bit. I think that some of my favorite experiences of my mission, is when I change something small, and see the big difference that it makes in my missionary work. It's all about The Atonement, as we make efforts to change our thought process, our words, and our actions, Jesus Christ is busy changing the feelings and desires of our hearts. It's pretty stunning actually, I haven't given Christ enough credit. I've found that as I've increased my understanding of doctrine, I no longer do things because I have the willpower to do so, but I am willing to do these things and willpower isn't a factor, because it's something that I want to do. I think that my mission call is interesting, because often times, we are doing missionary work not because we are expecting a ton of success (Maybe that is a lack of faith) but because we know it is right, and that no effort is wasted. As I've been growing in my diligence in the work, Heavenly Father has blessed me with small successes and victories, both in my personal commitment and dedication to my savior and in missionary work. I can testify that the work of God is done by the small and simple things. If that's how God does his work, how could we expect that we need to do big things all at once? As I've changed on my mission, I've selected things to change about myself with the attitude of finding the smallest things I could change which would yield the greatest results, and by the small and simple things, I've learned just a little more how to let myself be changed.
Specifically there is no one that is moving forward at this point, we had a couple that was working hard for a few weeks, coming to church and doing well, and they have dropped off the face of the earth, dropped our appointment and didn't come to church.  :| We have been finding people to teach, everyone has the potential to learn and improve, but right now none are putting forth the effort that is required. The investigators in steinbach seem to be doing well, for the most part, I know that quite a few were dropped that we found while we were there, and I don't think that anyone I've ever taught has been baptized.. or is even close yet.. maybe I'm the plague? :) 


Did Elder Sorenson get moved too?

Yes, he is in Dryden right now training a missionary, he'll most likely go home from there.

Have you ever worked with the missionaries you met in the MTC or came out with?

Not really, I'm serving in a district with a sister that will go home at the same time as me, and one of my Zone Leaders and I came out together.

Oh, I saw Brenton Stark and Sarah Weymouth at camp.  They are engaged.  Very cute couple.  I introduced myself and he said he would try to find you on Face book. 

Alrighty, I'm excited for you.  I haven't told too many people about your DL assignment, just LeOni and maybe Laura, but I'm trying not to blow your horn

Haha, It's not really that big of a deal, I think that It's probably helping me out more than it's helping other people, I do enjoy being in a position that I can work with other missionaries closely and improve with them. But most every missionary gets this opportunity 

That's it from me, Here is a picture of Me and Sister Wray at sports night, And My companion, Elder Bee, and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment