Pretty average week, It went well for us. It was fun. I wrote to Dad more about it.
Hows Elder Bingham? Did he do sports, is he a cowboy, what are his interests- I just like him already because his mama probably feels the same as I do, oldest boy, first missionary..
He's kind of a cowboy hick, the good kind! We have quite a bit in common, we both grew up in a similar atmosphere, with cows and stuff, Although he has spent a lot more time around them than me.
Is school starting up there too?
I don't even know, it must be soon, but I kind of lose touch with it when I'm not in it.. :P
Are the socks the same as your other ones? Are all the other missionaries envious of your fabulous socks?
Everyone wishes they had my socks... They're so nice!
How are investigators B&C, Fred, and L&G?
L&G are doing well, we were finally able to meet with them, and they want the bishop to marry them. I was like "Pick me! Pick me!" But I figure it would be better if the bishop were to do it because that might be a bond that they could have.
B&C have still been in a rocky patch, so we'll see what happens
Would you consider yourself converted?
I think the thing about conversion, is that it's a daily effort. A man on the street explained the Lord's prayer to me, the part where it says, "Give us this day our daily bread" How Christ isn't really referring solely to physical bread, we should seek to have spiritual manna every day. Because we shouldn't be relying on yesterday's manna, we've got to do our part everyday. I think that was the hardest part for me about the gospel is the everyday consistency it requires, because anything less will result in failure. And it's so much more than just making sure I'm reading everyday, I have to notice the days that I have a harder time reading and studying, where I feel like I'm forcing myself. I ask "Why am I having a hard time doing this" because It won't be very long that I force myself and then I won't want to do it anymore. It's important to do the dance steps, but we have to hear the music. I think Conversion is a daily experience.
Do you miss music? Of course, I know you listen to hymns and stuff, but you know what I mean.
Yes and no, I miss it quite a bit, but I also value not listening to it. Everything I hear on the radio is just about bad things and drugs and stuff and it's nice to get away from that.
What advice would you give to Kate at the brink of her senior year?
Enjoy it while it lasts. You're going to look back and miss the simplicity and fun that you had there. :)
Other than that, This church is true, the people that we work with are good, the ward is good, and we are going to see some good things happen here, I don't have very many complaints so.. I'll keep them to myself. It's going by so fast. Tomorrow I'll have been out here for 14 months.. Sad huh? Good Talk Mom, You make me so proud :) I'm glad for the people that we have the opportunities to touch. It's a good feeling, knowing that you made a difference. That's all we can hope to do is make a difference. Also, What's your opinion on Donald Trump? I hear a little about him every once in a while and it seems like he's just offending everyone!
Love Elder Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment