This week was good, we had two exchanges, one with the assistants and one with the Dauphin missionaries, It was a lot of fun I love them all. Drove lots this week, I enjoy that!
How was the baptism, we want to hear every detail?
The baptism was good.
Charee still going strong?
Hit and miss with her, she won't be able to get baptized on the 28 because she didn't come to church, but she probably has a little more to work on. But I believe she could be baptized.
Have you had any other issues with pets? Stray cats.., etc
Never had any other issues with pets. Not bad!
Do you still help at a shelter?
No we don't. But that's ok, I'm a little allergic anyway.
Whats your favorite "regular" service activity?
I guess I like working at the soup kitchen, and I just like to do dishes.
Is this ward the best at helping with investigators?
They are doing really well at it. There's kind of a revival going on with missionary work, I don't know if that's happening everywhere around the church, but in Brandon it seems like people are getting excited about it. I hope we can teach other people, hopefully these baptisms we've had, and the ones coming up will get all the members just surging with referalls ;)
Sister Olenick said her husband is Catholic, do you get to talk with him, about the church? She said he comes sometimes
We talk to him sometimes, I don't think that he is super interested, but he did try to refer a guy to us the other day, He's definitely on our side!
Kamas wants to know if you ever see any totem poles. She said they talked about how Canada has lots of totem poles, in one of her classes at school.
I Don't think I've seen very many, sad huh?
What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
I don't know what my plans are, thats right around the time that Elder Owens goes home.
Did you already have the temple rededication? How was that? Did you get to go?
We do get to go, and it's on sunday. Should be pretty good!
Does Sandra get to go? How old is her daughter?
Sandra and her daughter do get to go! It's going to be so exciting!
PS.
You thought you were going to get jipped on a baptism story?? It was pretty stressful, we pretty much planned the entire thing. It ended up going well, we had a few good speakers, and then Elder Owens and I sang the spirit of god, because we needed a musical number and didn't have one. Also I got to baptize Sandra and Elder Bingham baptized the daughter Becca. The Confirmation was on Sunday. It's pretty relieving today to not have to worry about it, I'm glad for the experience, definitely a really positive experience for me! We had a potluck after church on sunday and it was really nice, It seemed like she really fit in with the members, It's amazing how much difference it makes!
I've also been asked to not publish the picture of Sandra, so if we can respect that, that would be great :)
Love You!
Elder Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment