Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 181



I've had a lot of fun the last week just getting settled into Kenora, I like it a lot here, the people are nice and the weather is good. actually all over Canada the weather has been pretty good, it has been hovering right around freezing the last week or so.  I think Christmas is going to be a lot of fun. This week has been weird because everyone is super busy until January, lame. but we have been doing well out here. I would have pictures to send but I forgot my camera :(


So the big question on everyone's mind is where are you going?  
What do you know about it?
Kenora is really nice, I emailed Dad about it, Tons of water, tons of deer, there are actually hills and things. I like it a lot here

Who's your new companion?
Elder Scott, He's a solid missionary and a solid companion. He is from Vancouver. He is half Chinese, We tell him that he is actually North Korean. He is a lot of fun.

Do you know anything about him?
Yes I live with him. :)

Have you had to speak in your branch?
I bore testimony when I left, and I bore testimony to start here

Do you know who's coming to replace you?
Yes, his name is Elder Wilson, I don't know anything about him except Elaine Messaged me and said "has a handshake like a wet dish rag." Not very nice of her. 

Are you going somewhere where you know anyone (other missionaries)?
Elder Allred is here serving his last transfer. So I have been having fun being here in the same district. the city has been divided for this transfer, All of us are pretty funny here and we all get along really well. I feel like this is going to be a great transfer :)

Best Moment?
The best moment of this week was when we met with one of our investigators, she agreed to move out of her boyfriend's house and to come to church, after that she will be able to be baptised.

How's Elaine doing, especially with you leaving? 
Elaine seemed sad, she gave me a towel and a Christmas card. It was really sweet it honestly made my day.

I'm sure with you leaving(probably) you've been eating with people a lot, anything special happen?
I was surprised at how warm the branch was to me just before I left, (maybe they were glad to get rid of me) but everyone was extremely nice. It mad me really happy :)

Did you shed a few tears?
No, but Marvann, a less active lady who is from blackfoot Idaho, started crying when I was going to leave and it made me really sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment