This week has been really good, we had zone conference, we went to a hockey game, that was pretty fun saw a few fights, probably my favorite part. I'm not too into hockey but the fights were good, they dropped their gloves and helmets and just punched each other till one of them fell down. I've been doing body weight exercises (pushups, situps, things like that) everyday and my body is responding well to them. I've gained some weight out here, with my all clothes on (no jacket or winter gear) I'm about 190 pounds, probably something like 2-3 pounds heavier than when I started. I've been good about working out and making sure that I'm having productive mornings, I think that's the most essential thing of mission life, I drink lots of water (3-4 quarts a day) I'm pretty healthy and I feel good almost all the time, I've stopped popping my knuckles and almost stopped popping my back and I feel a lot better in that respect. I guess I am just gaining a testimony that this schedule that I am asked to keep is the best way to do it. Where I'm lacking is in my diet, I need to eat better, and I need to work out more consistently. It's a little bit hard, but if I just get up and do it it's great.
Yesterday we (us four missionaries) sang two Christmas songs, silent night and angels we have heard on high, in a community event in Gull Lake. It was a fairly good turnout, probably close to two hundred people heard us. It was great.
Thank you so much for the Christmas package, especially the cinnamon gum, I haven't been able to find that anywhere.
How was your Zone Conference?
Zone Conference was really good, we watched Meet the Mormons, President Thomas gave a good talk, talked about not turning into a punk when you get back home, doing what we are supposed to. I really enjoyed it.
Did you get to see much of the city of Regina?
Not really, but the cities out here aren't really that impressive..
Did you get my email about participating in the family gift giving? Thoughts?
Yes I did, I do want to participate, but I am having a hard time thinking about what I could get/do/make for Dad, tell him to not get his hopes up and I'll need any suggestions that you can give me.
Do you ever have to play piano? You didn't mention that in the things that you do for your branch...
I have a little, but Elder Elliot can play so I don't really have to very much. I've been practicing, I think that I have done enough practicing to bring me up to speed pretty well on my hymn playing
Would you be disappointed if it turned out you had to stay another transfer?
Not too disappointed, I like the area that I am in, but I do think that a change in the atmosphere would be good for me
How are the newer PI's?
They are good! a few of them have become new investigators, a few have told us to not come by anymore and that's ok :)
How soon are you notified about transfers before you have to leave?
I should know this Saturday, a little excitement is building, I would then leave on Wednesday of next week.
Best Moment?
This week on Friday we shared the churches "he is the gift" video with a lady we work with at the thrift store. She said it was beautiful, and really enjoyed it. Then she gave us a meat pie and a berry pie.. so that was pretty great! :)
Is Elaine pretty close to Elder Hawkins?
Yeah she likes him, and I know that he likes her a lot as well. I think that she'll continue progressing even after I leave.
Are all Canada Winnipeg missionaries, fb missionaries?
Yes, I think that its a good thing and a bad thing, It's good because we are able to reach out to people that we know, especially back home, it's bad because it can be a real bad time waster. We are encouraged to be on everyday, and we can spend up to an hour on it. I kind of think that is a little too much, but it has the potential to be very productive if used correctly.
How old is Elder Hawkins?
He is twenty.
Have the other set of missionaries switched out, since you've been there? Probably huh?
Yes the original four people that were here when I got here are all gone now. Each of them stayed exactly six months, one leaves every transfer and one comes.
I love you! I love hearing about your week. I look forward to it every week.
Love Ryus
No comments:
Post a Comment