Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 230

How's the new comp? (repeat from above)
He's good, he is from Salem Utah. He seems like a pretty good guy. Half east Indian, half Vietnamese. my second Asian companion, and my first companion that isn't left handed! 

How has the "area" changed since there's only two of you now?  Did you already know all the other  missionaries' investigators, or are they new to you?
Actually they decided to keep it to four Elders here in Kenora, probably just one more transfer but who knows. Elder Tomlinson is training a new guy, and Elder Poulsen is serving with me. Elder Poulsen goes home in July, so he has been out for a while. So the other elders have kept their investigators.

Any progress with the PI's?
With transfers and everything there wasn't too much progress with potentials, we we able to stop by a few but seemed to not ever quite catch them.

Best moment?
This week was a good week, I think the best part was to talk to one of our investigators boyfriends about happiness, after we shoveled his walk. That was pretty great. it's slow going because "he doesn't believe in God, he only believes in science" so we are trying to take a roundabout course and teach him about happiness, challenge him, and get him to have a spiritual confirmation on his own. we have made a little progress with him but not much. We'll get there.

Do you have weekly appts for service or are they more variable/spontaneous?  Such as Sally Annes, cat shelter, etc. 
We have a weekly day that we go to the cat shelter, and a weekly day that we go to the soup kitchen, but other than that we usually can go to salvation army anytime and volunteer.

So do you see everyone's posts on your fb wall, or are you limited in what you can see/access?
I have facebook just like anyone else, They ask us to not post anything that hurts our image as missionaries, but other than that there aren't very many limitations. we have to make sure that we can see the other missionary's screen, but that's pretty standard.

So could you see yourself going to Canada to live after your mission?
I don't know if I would move to Canada, I'd have to have some pretty strong persuasion, I do love it up here, and I would come and stay here, but nothing too permanent. Nothing beats the great USA!

Is your branch pretty good at helping you find people? 
Not really, we could be better at asking for referrals, and we have been but nothing has come of it yet. we'll have to get out the stick.

Is your branch presidency accommodating to having activities to encourage missionary work? 
we have a family home evening dinner twice a month, not a ton of people come to it but we do get a little turn out. 



I know this is where I need to be and I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can truly change and become better. I've seen it in myself and I've seen it in others. I will let you know that I am doing well here and I am being taken care of. Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment