Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 237

This week was good. We got to drive down to International Falls Minnesota for a ZTM. It was a lot of fun. Although it was nearly seven hours of driving. :P This week we have been trying to contact former investigators with not a ton of success. :/ but there are a few that may be promising, providing they are home when we stop by and let us in their home. We went through our phone and called and sent texts to anyone who we didn't know who they are. We shoveled some snow, it's snowed quite a bit the last few weeks, like six to eight inches. It's a great service activity, although it seems like when it snows we are always trying to go somewhere and do something. Altogether we've had a pretty good week, We are trying hard and are improving as missionaries. we are still getting fed well, and the members are really nice. I like it up here and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else.


So whats going on today?
Today we are interviewing with President Thomas. Getting haircuts, and going ice fishing, then we sing in Choir later today. (we are singing songs from Guys and Dolls. It's OK) 

Tell me about your new companion?? ( I know I already asked that, but now you know him more)
That's weird that all your companions have been lefties, huh?
My new companion is good, He's excited to do missionary work, and pretty obedient and that's all I can ask for right?? He is great at member appointments and does the dishes after meals at there place and at home, so it encourages me to step it up more. 

Elder Allred seems to be adjusting well, looking at fb, do you still get to be friends with him?
Yes, I still get to be friends with him. I didn't think he would have a very hard time adjusting, He'll do well. Hopefully I'll get to see him when I get home. 

Since you've both been out a while, do you still have a senior companion?
Yes we still have a senior companion. Ideally though it shouldn't seem like there is a senior companion because we should be unified right?? we're decent at motivating each other and our strengths match up pretty well.

What happened with the baptism challenge?
It didn't happen this week. we weren't able to sit down and have a lesson with him. 

How about the natives?
They are doing alright, it's hard to get down there because it's about an hour's drive. A member is supposed to take us down, but it probably won't happen this week.

Any luck with your common-law friends?
Not yet, still trying. I think that it could happen if they both wanted to be mormon.

Have you heard anything about how Elaine is doing?
Yes, we message frequently over facebook. It's a lot of fun. I think she went to church the last few weeks and that is a lot of improvement for her. She fell and had to get stitches but she sounded like she is doing well. She's remarkably healthy for a lady who has smoked nearly her whole life and turning 80.


Do you ever play pranks on each other?
Sometimes, the other day I covered the other Elder's car with a snowblower. Nothing malicious. Sometimes when you're in the shower you'll get cold water dumped on you or something of that nature. I usually don't get pranked. and usually I encourage other missionaries to pull the pranks. 

Is there a bus in Kenora?  Do you ever have to ride it?
I think there is a bus, and I don't really have to ride it. Since we have two sets of Elders, we are able to car pool together to things. We have enough Kilometers until we try to go out of town to reserves and such. Then it starts eating our K's like candy.

Anyway, Thanks for the Email and the questions. I hope that I've answered everything to your liking. Love You!

Elder Peterson

Also, I told everyone about my half birthday, and I got two cakes on valentines day. It was pretty hilarious. I didn't really intend on getting people to give me things. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment