Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 244

This week was good, I made Crepes for some of the members, and it was a hit, so that felt pretty good, Eric works at Pizza hut, every once in a while he'll bring us a free pizza they screwed up there, it's pretty nice. I think if we texted him he would bring us one whether we asked him or not.. We did quite a bit this week, I heard from Elder Allred he's been taking out the Christensens daughter, she's in Provo going to BYU. I think he likes her so hopefully he's not married by the time I get home. :/ This week was very productive, we went tracting, it wasn't very productive, and did a lot of other things, we have a bunch of Kilometers (somehow, I have no Idea where they came from, it seems like we are always running in "by the skin of our teeth" So we'll probably try to go somewhere I guess. Maybe out to the reserve for a day trip. (we can't drive at night, I feel like I'm fifteen) 

How was Minnesota? 
Minnesota was great.. we went and came back, nothing too eventful ;)

What do you do at your meeting?  Practice more, or is it for motivation?
I think a little of both. We practice as well as they teach us about something they feel we should work on.. It was alright, I definitely took things away from it.

What was fun?  I haven't been there in 44 years.  Did it just feel good to be in the USA?
It felt really good being there, as I said, I'm pretty sure the spirit is a lot stronger there.

How was ice fishing?  What are you trying to catch?
I don't even know, Walleye I think? We didn't catch anything and I'm pretty sure I almost got frostbite (just kidding.. kinda) It's pretty cold, they other day it was like -30 with a -47 degree windchill.

How are the investigators?  (from contacts on your phone, and others)
They are really good. Yesterday we talked with Tess and Eric, and instead of trying to sneak in a little doctrine, We just flat out said "Eric, we're going to talk to you in the living room, you knew this day would come, and we are going to dunk you." He laughed but has no idea how serious I am. :) We had a good two hour discussion, and He tried to give us every excuse in the book that he had given to missionaries before, although we didn't discuss any of that with him. The only thing we discussed with him is that Happiness is progression, and that what we teach would make him happy. He accepts that he isn't as happy as he'd like to be, and also that he thinks Mormons blow everyone else out of the water as far as happiness goes. Then we challenged him to Listen to us and act on what we ask him to do, he said he would have an answer for us next time we visit (tuesday) and that it would probably not happen, even so, I gave him a reading assignment from the Book of Mormon. (heh heh) he said he  would read it before our next visit.

Other than Elaine, do you still hear from people in Swift?Not really, there was one lady we met with a few times named Nancy, but other than that, Nope.

Best Moment?
I think just being able to testify to Eric the importance of what we teach, and then staring him down for a good eight seconds of silence. I felt like there was power in the room.

When do the other elder's have to go? 
I don't really know who will go, probably not this next transfer is what President told me in my interview..

Will they just hand over all their contacts?
Someone will, whether it's us or them..

Have you ever had sisters in any of your areas?
Nope, although it would be nice, they bring in a special spirit.

At what point would you have to take over for the sisters if they were teaching someone?
I think almost immediately, but the same rule applies to us, if we found a single woman, our whole goal would be to get them to meet with the sisters.

Anyway, that was my week, it was pretty fun and pretty productive. The transfer is already half way over.. Crazy, Every time I close my eyes I realize that I've been out longer and longer. It's flying by. I literally feel like I was in the MTC a couple months ago.. It ticks me off. Oh well. Just know we had a good week and we're excited to move into this week.

Once I wrote in my weekly email to President that "The future is so bright I'm wearing shades" Not sure if he got the reference. Probably didn't think I was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment